What is Social Media Optimization?
Social media is another effective marketing strategy that you can use to boost your website traffic. Social media optimization (SMO) is the use of a number of social media networks and communities to generate publicity and increase the awareness of a product, brand or event.
There are various types of social media to consider, including:
- Wikis, etc.
The social media integration score is based on the presence of social media in your site and the presence of like and share buttons on the site.
Incorporating a blog and integrating social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr into your site will boost your websites traffic and elevate your search engine ranking. Make sure your postings are:
- Up-to-date and accurate (The same as your physical store, if you have one).
- Do not have broken links.
For more information on our Social Media Optimization packages, click here.
How can you improve your Social Media score?
To increase your Social Media score, try any or all of the following:
- Start a weekly or bi-weekly blog.
- Post a tweet in Twitter every day.
- Converse with your Facebook friends by responding to their comments
- Create a Facebook company page.
- Reply to tweets (if possible, in real time).
- Mention other companies and sites in your website so as to get mentioned by others.
- Invite guest bloggers to post blogs in your site.
- Direct email campaigns to send readers to your landing page.
If your website platform doesn’t offer these services, check our Power Site, Fast Track’s fully customizable website solution that includes all of the latest features including a CMS, eCommerce, SEO and more.