What is the Marketing Metric?
The purpose of your website is to sell your products or services, and the internet has made it even more cost effective.
The Marketing Metric calculates the site’s use of a number of industry best practice strategies and techniques..
Most websites exist as marketing tools. In order to maximize their effectiveness, it's important to incorporate industry best practices, including the existence of an active blog, mobile version, integration of social media, landing pages, RSS feeds, and more.
How does Marketing impact your website ranking?
Adding content to the Internet regarding your product or services will have a direct impact on your web site traffic. Adopting strategies such as link building from high profile sites, blogging and social media integration will drive traffic to your site and increase the popularity of your content.
How is the Marketing Score calculated?
Marketing score formula is based on:
- Mobile score: This is calculated based on the presence of mobile CSS or a redirect to a mobile website
- Lead generation score: This is calculated based on the presence of landing pages with forms to generate leads, marketing automation and set up of analytics to measure marketing activities.
- SEO score: This is calculated based on the presence of alt tags to images, usage of page titles without the company name, and usage of unique page descriptions
- Social media score: This is calculated based on the presence of a Twitter account for the company, presence of a Facebook business page and presence of the link to social media accounts from the site home page.
- Blogging score: This is calculated based on the presence of the following: a blog on the site, RSS feed, a link to blog from site home page, social sharing buttons to site blog, social subscription options to site blog, email subscription option to site blog
How can you improve your Site Marketing score?
Taking the time to add and maintain these features to your site will contribute to the overall marketability of your site because they help to increase your popularity on the Internet. To increase the popularity of your company on the Internet, consider implementing the following:
- RSS Feeds
- Social Media integration, etc.
Check to see if your website’s back-end can add these features. For many website platforms, this functionality is as easy as clicking the “on” button. If the platform does not come with these additions, and you would like them, remember that it is easy to adapt these services with Power Site. Power Site comes pre-made with the latest in web functionality.
Check out our digital marketing services and let us know how we can help you.